CSTE Sept 17, 2005:Objective Paper1:
Q1. Who defined the standards?A) ISO
Q2. Juran is famous for
A) Quality Control
Ans. Quality Control
Q3. Which one is not Statistical Tool?
A) Cause & effect Graphing
C) Run Chart
D) Regression Analysis
Ans. Cause & effect Graphing
Q4. Histogram refers to
A) Bar Chart
B) Run Chart
Ans. Bar Chart
Q5. Who are there in External IT TEAM?
A) Non Developer
B) Customer/ User
Q6. Which one is not Structural Testing?
Q7. Who is not part of Inspection?
A) Prj Manager
Ans. Prj Manager
Q8. Tester job is not to
A) Report Defect
b) Who entered the defect in system
Ans. Who entered the defect in system
Q9. Which one is not secondary role of tester
A) Raising Issues
b) Instilling Confidence
c) cts improving process
e) developer work
Ans. developer work
Q10. Acceptance testing is
A) White Box
b) Black box
c) White box & black Box
d) none of the above
Ans. Black box
Q11. Deming 14 principle includes
A) mobility of mgmt
b) new philosphy
c) adobt leadership
d) both b& c
e) both a & c
Ans. both b& c
Q12 Configuration Management tool used in which phase.
A) Unit tetsing
d) all the phases
Ans. all the phases
Q13. Max Defects created in which phases
Q14. 50% Defect found in which phase
Q15. defects are least costly in which phase
Some questions from Paper2 are below:
1) Software inspections categorize defects as Wrong, Missing and Extra.
2) The purpose of Risk Management in a project is to
A) Eliminate Risks
B) Minimize Risks
C) Avoid risks
D) Anticipate the risks
3) Testing of the system to demonstrate system compliance with user requirements is:
A) Black box testing
B) System testing
C) Independent testing
D) Acceptance Testing
4) Function point is a measure of
D) None of the above
5) An activity that verifies compliance with policies and procedures and ensures that resources are conserved is
A) an inspection
B) an audit
C) a review
D) an assessment
6) Which is the application for the process management and quality improvement concepts to software development and maintenance.
A) Malcolm Baldridge
B) ISO 9000
7) Software testing accounts for what percent of software development costs?
8) Software errors are least costly to correct at what stage of the development cycle?
C) Acceptance test
9) Which of the following test approaches is not a Functional test approach?
A) Control Technique
B) Stress Technique
C) Regression Technique
D) Cause/effect Graphing
10) Effectiveness is doing things right and efficiency is doing the right things
11) Juran is famous for
A) Quality Control
B) Quality Assurance
C) Trend Analysis
12) Top down & Bottom Up are the part of Incremental Testing
13) Achieving quality requires:
A) Understanding the customers expectations
B) Exceeding the customers expectations
C) Meeting all the definitions of quality
D) Focusing on the customer
E.) All the above
14) Which is NOT the exit criteria for unit testing
Q1. there is a application which is delivered to the customer now customer found bugs and assume each bug cost is $125 and there are 4 bugs found each day and there are 5 working day. What should be the cost to fix those bugs
c) $ 15000
d) $ 13,000
e) $ 26,000
Q2. Tester should know
A) Test planning
b) Automation tool
c) Defect tracking tool
d) programming language
Ans. Defect Tracking tool
Q3. Pareto Analysis
A) 80-20 rule
b) Trend analysis
Ans. 80-20 Rule
Q4. Testing efforts in SDLC
A) 10-20 %
Q5. Critical Listening is
A) Listen analyses what speaker said
b) Listen what is required
c) Listen only summary
Ans. Listen analyses what speaker said
Q6. Who finds vulnuralibility in system?
c) It Manager
Q7. COQ is not
Q8. Training come under what category cost of quality?
d) none of the above
Q9. Why testing is called negative
b) delay in implementation
c) No training reqd
Q10. Incremental testing is Top down & bottom Up testing
A)True B) false
Q11. Effectiveness is doing right thing & efficency is doing thing right
Q12. Which one is not part of Demind
e) risk analysis
Ans. risk analysis
Q13. Defect fixed in which phase is lease cost
A) same phase
c) next phase
Ans. same phase
Q14. In White box testing test coverage is
d) modified decision
e) user specified data coverage
Q15. Test Plan should not contain
d) Risk Analysis
Q16. This question was on Test coverage?
Q17. Acceptance Testing is the responsibility of the:
B) Project Leader
C) Independent Tester
D) Assistance programmer
Q18. Cost of Quality is least among
(Most of the subjective questions were from the back of CSTE book.)
1. Why we need to test the software.
2. Write the procedure for Test Plan, Test Script, Test Status Report.
3. You have to test the Web Application, what should be considered for the same.
4. Write test cases for the Data model & data field validation.
5. There is applications which can be accessible by one terminal & other by multiple terminals, write the points which won’t be considered for the Single terminal Application (Test factors)
6. Write the Test Strategy.
Subjective Paper 2:
1. Differentiate between Verification & validation. 15 marks
2. Define Test Efficiency & test Effectiveness. 15 marks
3. Your client would like to do Acceptance test on one of your projects but does not know to prepare a test plan for that. Describe the components that should be included in the test plan. 30 marks
4. You are the tester in the organization and organization thinks that the tester also introduce defects in the system, write the 5 such defects introduced by tester in the system. 15 marks
5. What is Over Testing? 15 marks
6. You have to do the Unit Testing of the system, define what is Unit testing and how it can be done, what are the types of it also how can you ensure that your application is compliance to the standards. 30 marks
7. Define Equivalence portioning, Boundary value Analysis and Error Guessing with examples. 15 marks
8. Your company is doing a project in automation of aircrafts and timing. You are asked to involve in the testing. What should be the testing strategy for that. One Airline Web Application has to be tested, write test factor or What is to be tested? (Landing & take off) 15 marks
a) Boundary Analysis
b) Equivalent Partitioning
c) Error Guessing
Give one example for each.
Subjective Paper 1 – December 2005:
1. Describe four tests you would use to test COTS software.
2. A Web-application is to be installed but suspected that it will might fail in production. Describe four tests you would recommend to your manager to answer the question “How long it would take for the application to recover after it fails”
3. You are the Test Manager of a company, which has outsourced its testing activities. What you would state to your IT Manager in terms of your responsibilities as Test Manager to give him assurance that testing would be conducted properly
4. Describe any four processes you would establish in a test environment and why?
Subjective Paper 2 – December 2005:
1. What would you include in a defect report.
2. What is “v” in v-testing concept and list the stages.
3. Draw a Unit testing workbench, describe each activity in the workbench.
4. You are to introduce automated testing tools. List any four automated test tools with vendor name and why did you choose them.
5. Describe Risk, risk analysis, threat, vulnerability, internal control.
6. Describe statement, branch, condition, expression, path coverage
7. Describe any 3 defect-related metrics.
8. For a web-based application, list 4 important quality factors you would test for. Also state why are they important.
Please note that I got these questions from some of my friends who appear in CSTE in September and December 2005. These are not all questions of the papers. These are those questions, which they remember. I’ll try to update these as I came to know more…Some more certification preparation Question Papers:
- CSTE – Sept 16th 2006
- CSTE – June 17th 2006
- CSTE – April 22nd 2006
- ISEB Paper – 1
- ISEB Paper – 2
- ISEB Paper – 3
- ISTQB Paper – 1
- ISTQB Paper – 2
- ISTQB Paper – 3
- ISTQB Paper – 4
- ISTQB Paper – 5
- ISTQB Paper – 6
- ISTQB Paper – 7
- ISTQB paper – 8
- ISTQB paper – 9
Rahnuma is a technical content writer at software testing stuff. A software engineer by degree and a dynamic content creator by passion, she brings to table over 3 years of writing experience in tech niche. Combining her enthusiasm for writing and technology, she loves to share her thoughts on the latest tech trends.