Before you insert and run your QuickTest test in LoadRunner or Business Process Monitor, you should consider the guidelines below.
Inserting and Running Tests in a LoadRunner Scenario:
1. You can run only one GUI Vuser concurrently per computer. (A GUI Vuser is a Vuser that runs a QuickTest test.)
2. To insert a QuickTest test in a LoadRunner scenario, in the Controller Open Test dialog box, browse to the test folder and select Astra Tests in the Files of type box. This enables you to view QuickTest tests in the folder.
3. Ensure that QuickTest is closed on the QuickTest computer before running a QuickTest test in LoadRunner.
4. Transaction breakdown is not supported for tests (scripts) recorded with QuickTest.
5. QuickTest cannot run on a computer that is logged off or locked. In these cases, consider running QuickTest on a terminal server or Make sure that the test is finished before starting to run another QuickTest test.
6. The settings in the LoadRunner Run-time Settings dialog box are not relevant for QuickTest tests.
7. You cannot use the ResultDir QuickTest environment variable when running a test in LoadRunner.
Inserting and Running Tests from Business Process Monitor:
1. Before you try to run a QuickTest test in Business Process Monitor, check which versions of QuickTest are supported by your version of Business Process Monitor.
2. Business Process Monitor can run only one QuickTest test at a time. Make sure that the previous QuickTest test is finished before starting to run another QuickTest test.
3. Ensure that QuickTest is closed on the QuickTest computer before running a QuickTest test in Business Process Monitor.
4. Transaction breakdown is not supported for tests recorded with QuickTest.
If you make changes to your local copy of a QuickTest test after uploading it to Business Availability Center, you will need to upload the zipped test again to enable Business Process Monitor to run the test with your changes.
5. QuickTest cannot run tests on a computer that is logged off, locked, or running QuickTest as a non-interactive service.
6. You cannot use the ResultDir QuickTest environment variable when running a test in Business Process Monitor.
Note: You can simulate how the test will run from LoadRunner or Business Process Monitor by using Silent Test Runner.
Also See: Other Load Runner Tutorials
Rahnuma is a technical content writer at software testing stuff. A software engineer by degree and a dynamic content creator by passion, she brings to table over 3 years of writing experience in tech niche. Combining her enthusiasm for writing and technology, she loves to share her thoughts on the latest tech trends.