In LoadRunner, you can add C Vuser functions to any Vuser script in order to enhance the script. VuGen generates only a few of the general Vuser functions while you record. If required, the remaining functions can be manually programmed into a script.
As per my knowledge, below is a list of general API functions for ANSI C scripts. It includes all protocols except for Java, VB, and GUI:
1. lr_end_sub_transaction –> Marks the end of a sub-transaction for performance analysis.
2. lr_end_transaction –> Marks the end of a transaction.
3. lr_end_transaction_instance –> Marks the end of a transaction instance for performance analysis.
4. lr_fail_trans_with_error –> Sets the status of open transactions to LR_FAIL and sends an error message.
5. lr_get_trans_instance_duration –> Gets the duration of a transaction instance specified by its handle.
6. lr_get_trans_instance_wasted_time –> Gets the wasted time of a transaction instance by its handle.
7. lr_get_transaction_duration –> Gets the duration of a transaction by its name.
8. lr_get_transaction_think_time –> Gets the think time of a transaction by its name.
9. lr_get_transaction_wasted_time –> Gets the wasted time of a transaction by its name.
10. lr_resume_transaction –> Resumes collecting transaction data for performance analysis.
11. lr_resume_transaction_instance –> Resumes collecting transaction instance data for performance analysis.
12. lr_set_transaction_instance_status –> Sets the status of a transaction instance.
13. lr_set_transaction_status –> Sets the status of open transactions.
14. lr_set_transaction_status_by_name –> Sets the status of a transaction.
15. lr_start_sub_transaction –> Marks the beginning of a subtransaction.
16. lr_start_transaction –> Marks the beginning of a transaction.
17. lr_start_transaction_instance –> Starts a nested transaction specified by its parent’s handle.
18. lr_stop_transaction –> Stops the collection of transaction data.
19. lr_stop_transaction_instance –> Stops collecting data for a transaction specified by its handle.
20. lr_wasted_time –> Removes wasted time from all open transactions.
Command Line Parsing Functions:
1. lr_get_attrib_double –> Retrieves a double type variable used on the script command line.
2. lr_get_attrib_long –> Retrieves a long type variable used on the script command line.
3. lr_get_attrib_string –> Retrieves a string used on the script command line.
1. lr_user_data_point –> Records a user-defined data sample.
2. lr_whoami –> Returns information about a Vuser to the Vuser script. Not applicable for Application Management.
3. lr_get_host_name –> Returns the name of the host executing the Vuser script.
4. lr_get_master_host_name –> Returns the name of the machine running the LoadRunner Controller or Tuning Console. Not applicable for Application Management.
1. lr_eval_string –> Replaces a parameter with its current value.
2. lr_save_string –> Saves a null-terminated string to a parameter.
3. lr_save_var –> Saves a variable length string to a parameter.
4. lr_save_datetime –> Saves the current date and time to a parameter.
5. lr _advance_param –> Advances to the next available parameter.
6. lr _decrypt –> Decrypts an encoded string.
7. lr_eval_string_ext –> Retrieves a pointer to a buffer containing parameter data.
8. lr_eval_string_ext_free –> Frees the pointer allocated by lr_eval_string_ext.
9. lr_save_searched_string –> Searches for an occurrence of string in a buffer and saves a portion of the buffer, relative to the string occurrence, to a parameter.
1. lr_debug_message –> Sends a debug message to the Output window or the Business Process Monitor log files.
2. lr_error_message –> Sends an error message to the Output window or the Business Process Monitor log files.
3. lr_get_debug_message –> Retrieves the current message class.
4. lr_log_message –> Sends a message to a log file.
5. lr_output_message –> Sends a message to the Output window or the Business Process Monitor log files.
6. lr_set_debug_message –> Sets a debug message class.
7. lr_vuser_status_message –> Generates and prints formatted output to the Controller or Console Vuser status area. Not applicable for Application Management.
8. lr_message –> Sends a message to the Vuser log and Output window or the Business Process Monitor log files.
1. lr_load_dll –> Loads an external DLL.
2. lr_peek_events –> Indicates where a Vuser script can be paused.
3. lr_think_time –> Pauses script execution to emulate think time—the time a real user pauses to think between actions.
4. lr_continue_on_error –> Specifies an error handling method.
5. lr_rendezvous –> Sets a rendezvous point in a Vuser script. Not applicable for Application Management.
Also See: Other LoadRunner Tutorials
Rahnuma is a technical content writer at software testing stuff. A software engineer by degree and a dynamic content creator by passion, she brings to table over 3 years of writing experience in tech niche. Combining her enthusiasm for writing and technology, she loves to share her thoughts on the latest tech trends.