- Understand the testing effort by analyzing the requirements of project.
- Estimate and obtain management support for the time, resources and budget required to perform the testing.
- Organize the testing kick-off meeting
- Define the Strategy
- Build a testing team of professionals with appropriate skills, attitudes and motivation.
Identify Training requirements and forward it to the Project Manager (Technical and Soft skills).
- Develop the test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan.
- Arrange the Hardware and software requirement for the Test Setup.
- Assign task to all Testing Team members and ensure that all of them have sufficient work in the project.
- Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts is documented and maintained.
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by the organization.
- Check / Review the Test Cases documents.
- Keep track of the new requirements / change in requirements of the Project.
- Escalate the issues about project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to Project Manager / Sr. Test Manager.
- Organize the status meetings and send the Status Report (Daily, Weekly etc.) to the Client
- Attend the regular client call and discuss the weekly status with the client.
- Communication with the Client (If required).
- Act as the single point of contact between Development and Testers.
- Track and prepare the report of testing activities like test testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc.
- Review various reports prepared by Test engineers.
- Ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones.
- Prepares / updates the metrics dashboard at the end of a phase or at the completion of project.
Search this site - within more than 167 pages of Software Testing
Do not want to miss any Software Testing tips and latest updates? Subscribe the Software Testing Newsletter and get effective software testing tips