After you complete your Software Testing, it is good practice to prepare an effective bug report. Fixing a bug depends on how effectively you report it. Below are some tips to write a good software bug report:Advertisement:
- If you are doing manual Software Testing and reporting bugs withour the help of any tool, assign a unique number to each bug report. This will help to identify the bug record.
- Clearly mention the steps to reproduce the bug. Do not assume or skip any reproducing step.
- Be Specific and to the point
- Report the problem immediately
- Reproduce the bug atleast one more time before you report it
- Test the same bug occurrence on other similar modules of the application
- Read bug report before you submit it or send it.
- Never ever criticize any developer or attack any individual