The security testing is performed to check whether there is any information leakage in the sense by encrypting the application or using wide range of software’s and hardware’s and firewall etc.
Before planning for Security Testing, you will need to think about the following parameters:
- Authentication – Testing the authentication schema means understanding how the authentication process works and using that information to circumvent the authentication mechanism. Basically, it allows a receiver to have confidence that information it receives originated from a specific known source.
- Authorization – Determining that a requester is allowed to receive a service or perform an operation.
- Confidentiality – A security measure which protects the disclosure of data or information to parties other than the intended.
- Integrity – Whether the intended receiver receives the information or data which is not altered in transmission.
- Non-repudiation – Interchange of authentication information with some form of provable time stamp e.g. with session id etc.