After you complete your Software Testing, it is good practice to prepare an effective bug report. Fixing a bug depends on how effectively you report it. Below are some tips to write a good software bug report:
- If you are doing manual Software Testing and reporting bugs withour the help of any tool, assign a unique number to each bug report. This will help to identify the bug record.
- Clearly mention the steps to reproduce the bug. Do not assume or skip any reproducing step.
- Be Specific and to the point
Apart from these tips, below are some good practices:
- Report the problem immediately
- Reproduce the bug atleast one more time before you report it
- Test the same bug occurrence on other similar modules of the application
- Read bug report before you submit it or send it.
- Never ever criticize any developer or attack any individual
Also see, related posts:
- Software Testing Bug Report Template
- Find more bugs while doing Software Testing
- Test Director
- Bug Life Cycle
Rahnuma is a technical content writer at software testing stuff. A software engineer by degree and a dynamic content creator by passion, she brings to table over 3 years of writing experience in tech niche. Combining her enthusiasm for writing and technology, she loves to share her thoughts on the latest tech trends.